Well, it’s oh-fish-ial. May 21st is International Fish Day.
In honor of this momentous occasion, we’ve rounded up the best fish puns we could find that your kids (and their adults!) will love.
We hope you enjoy. And for heaven’s hake, if you think of your own fish puns, cod you let minnow?
Clever Fish Puns
- Official = oh-fish-ial (Example: Well, it’s oh-fish-ial. We’re at sea level.)
- Kansas = cans-us (Example: The tuna said to the other tuna, I don’t think we’re in cans-us anymore.)
- Me know = minnow (Example: Let minnow when we arrive at the river bank.)
- For heaven’s sake = For heaven’s hake (Example: “For heaven’s hake, stop swimming already!)
- Romance = Roe-mance (Example: “Caviar really steps up the roe-mance factor.)
- Sophisticated = so-fish-ticated (Example: Some fish are just more fancy and so-fish-ticated than others.)
- Pacifist = paci-fish (I believe in peace in the ocean. I guess you could say I’m a pacifish.)
- Could = cod (Example: Cod this article be any more fishy?)
- Plank = plankton (Example: If you cross me, I’ll make you walk the plankton!)
- Beleaguered = beluga-ed (Example: When Beluga Whales have a lot on their mind, they grow beluga-ed.
11. Per chance = perch-ance (Example: May I join you in your swim, perch-ance?)
12. Exquisite = ex-swuid-sit (Example: This fish dinner is ex-swuid-sit.)
13. Astrophysicist = bass-tro-physicist (Example: Really smart fish become bass-tro-physicists.)
14. Efficient = e-fish-ent (Example: When you’re ice fishing in the cold, you really need to be e-fish-ent.)
15. Kidding = Squidding (Example: I was just squidding about not liking calamari.)
16. Girl = gil (Example: The young fish had met the gil of its dreams.)
17. Gaslighting = basslighting (Example: If a fish tries to make you think you’re crazy, they might be bass-lighting you.)
18. Crazy = cray-zy (Example: I love cray fish so much, I might go cray-zy!)
19. Pray = cray (Example: The cray fish’s favorite book last year was “Eat Cray Love”.)
20. Creation = cray-tion (Example: The first book of the fish bible includes the legendary story of Craytion.)
21. About = a-boat (Example: No matter what I do, fish never seem to know what I’m talking aboat.)
22. Secret = Seacret (Example: A good fisherman always keeps his sea-crets close to his chest.)
23. Caffeinated = caf-fin-nated (Example: You never want to go fishing unless you’re fully alert and caf-fin-nated.)
24. Finale = fin-ale (Example: What did you think of the fishing show’s fin-ale?)
25. Dock = had-dock (Example: The best place to fish up north is right off the had-dock.)
26. Be seen = piscine (Example: Fish children should piscine and not heard.)
27. Officiate = o-fish-iate (Example: The fish couldn’t find anyone to o-fish-iate their wedding.)
28. Row = roe (Example: The two fisherman had to be kicked out of the restaurant because they got into a roe.)
29. Finished = fin-ished (Example: It was clear the fishing trip was fin-ished.)
30 Tune = tuna (Example: It’s almost more fun to fish with your favorite tunas on in the background.)
31. Skid Row = Squid Row (Example: If you don’t improve your fishing skills, you may find yourself on squid row.)
32. Snap her = snapper (Example: She was lost in thought while fishing, so I had to snapper out of it.)
33. Indebatable = in-de-beta-bowl (Example: Your fish skills are the best! It’s in-de-beta-bowl.)
34. Lock = lox (Example: It’s time to lox up all our fishing equipment.)
35. Funny = finny (Example: The clownfish was afraid that he wasn’t really all that finny.)
36. See = sea (Example: A good fisherman has to be able to sea exactly what he’s doing.)
37. Opportunity = oppor-tuna-ty (Example: The fishing crew new it had just stumbled upon an great oppor-tuna-ty.)
38. Well I’ve = Walleye (Example: Walleye have never been so insulted in my life.)
39. Camera = clam-era (Example: It’s important to always have a clam-era to take pictures of the fish you catch.)
40. Efficiency = e-fish-ency (Example: Little fish are totally content living in an e-fish-ency apartment.)
41. Carpal Tunnel = carl-al tunnel (Example: If you fish too much, you might get carp-al tunnel syndrome.)
42. Mull it = mullet (Example: The fish needed some time to mullet it over.)
43. Pawn shop = prawn shop (Example: When shrimp need cash fast, they go to the prawn shop.)
44. Well = Whale (Example: Whale, where do I begin.)
45. Place = plaice (Example: You fisherman have come to the right plaice.)
46. Flounder = Flounder (Example: Every time I try to think of a fish pun, I flounder.)
47. Wait = Bait (Example: The bait is over. It’s time for the fishing trip.)
48. Reel = Reel (Example: I’ll reel off some fishing facts for you.)
49. Hell of it = Halibut (Example: I’m going fishing just for the halibut.)
50. Dear Cod = Dear God (Example: Dear Cod, that tunafish sandwich was delicious.)
51. Schooled = Schooled (Example: I really schooled you on the fishing trip.)
52. Definitely = Dolphinitely (Example: We should dolphinately not go to a busy seafood restaurant.)
53. Anything = Any fin (Example: Believe in your fishing ability – any fin is possible!)
54. Doubt = Trout (Example: Don’t trout your fishing abilities)
55. Intimacy = Fin-timacy (Example: A lot of fish actually have fin-timacy issues.)
56. Kill = Kill (Example: You guys are krilling me with these fish puns!)
57. Guilty = Gill-ty (Example: This blog post is gillty of having to many terrible fish jokes.)
58. Surgeon = Sturgeon (Example: You don’t have to be a brain sturgeon to think of a clever fish pun.)
59. Million = Krill-ion (Example: I wouldn’t go fishing on that lake in a krill-ion years!)
60. Crap = Carp (Example: Holy carp! That boating rule is just a load of carp!)
61. Two and a half men = Tuna half men (Example: The fisherman’s favorite movie by far was Tuna Half Men.)
62. Fun=Fin (Example: That fishing trip was so much fin.)
63. Total = Turtle (Example: This is the best way to avoid turtle disaster.)
64. Atrocious = A-trout-cious (Example: The sick fish smelled just a-trout-cious.)
65. Headache = haddock (Example: Those fish markets just give me a haddock!)
66. Sole=Sole (Example: The poor little fish was the sole survivor.)
67. Soul = Sole (Example: I really believe you’re a great fisherman, from the bottom of my sole.)
68. Scale = Scale (Example: Your fishing skills are small scale.)
69. Caught = Cod (example: I wouldn’t be cod dead fishing on that lake!)
70. Muscle = Mussel (Example: Stop being so weak! You really have to put some mussel in it to life that fish tank.)
71. Someone = Salmon (Example: Salmon has to tell that fish owner the truth.)
72. Among = A-monk (Example: This type of fish is a-monk the best tasting.)
73. Vicious = Fishcious (Example: An honest fisherman wouldn’t spread fishcious rumors like that.)
74. Warm = Worm (Example: Most fish like their bait a little worm.)
75. Cracking = Kraken (Example: These good fish puns are really kraken me up!)
76. Bet = Bait (Example: I’ll bait that tuna fish tastes really good!)
77. Basically = Bass-ically (Example: I’m bass-ically learning to fish for the first time.)
78. Fantastic = Fin-tastic (Example: This special kind of fish is absolutely fin-tastic!)
79. Enemies = Anemones (Example: Keep your friends close, and your anemones closer.)
80. Koi = Coy (Example: Don’t be koi!)
80. Really = Whaley (Example: We whaley need to stop with the fish puns now.)
81.Tune in = Tuna in (Example: Tuna in next time for more fish puns!)
82. Better = Betta (Example: If you know of a betta fishing pun, please let us know!)
Other fishy phrases:
Fishing for compliments
Carp-e Diem! Sieze the day!
Seems fishy to me.
We had a whale of a time!
I’m hooked on fishing!
This fishing trip has taken a dive.
More Fish Jokes
Q: What is a celebrity fish called? A: Starfish.
Q: Who do fish pray to? A: Cod Almighty.
Q: Why does an octopus almost always win a fight? A: Because he’s well armed.
Q: Why did the fish get in trouble with his parents? A: Because he was being too shellfish.
Q: How does a school of fish keep up to date about sea life? A: They listen to the current news.
Q: Why did the woman make tons of fish-eye soup? A: Because it will see her through the week.
Q: Which fish are sure to go to heaven? A: Angelfish.
Q: How do you tuna fish? A: You adjust their scales.
Q: Why did the fish blush? A: Because he saw the boat’s bottom.
Q: Why did the fish get bad grades? A: Because it was below sea level.
Q: Where do fish store their money? A: In a river bank.
Q: What type of music is best to listen to while fishing? A: Something catchy!
Q: Why do fish almost always lose their court cases? A: They are always gill-ty.
Q: Why can’t fish have romantic relationships? A: They are scared of intima-sea.
Q: Why are fish so lucky? A: Because they seize every oppor-tuna-ty.
Q: Where do sick fish go? A: To see a sturgeon.
Q: Why did the teenage fish get in trouble at school? A: Because he was talking on his shell phone.
Q. For fish astronauts, what’s the final frontier? A. Trouter space.
Q: What happens when you mix a fish and a banker? A: A loan shark.
Q: Why did the shopkeeper through the clams out? A: They were past their shell-by-date.
Q: Why will fish never take responsibility? A: Because it’s always salmon else’s fault.
Q: Why is it so easy to weigh a fish? A: Because they have their own scales.
Q: What type of instrument do fish love to play? A: A bass drum.
Q. How much money does Gill Gates have? A. A gillion dollars.
Q. Why are there no job openings at the fish company? A. They’re scaling back.
Q. What does the fish say when it’s had it “up to here”? A. That’s the last craw.
Q. What did the dentist say to the super-anxious shark? A. Jaws relax.
Q. What does telephone solicitor fish say when the person they’re calling picks up the phone? A. Cod I have a moment of your time?
Q. How do you get an octopus to giggle? A. Ten-tickles.
Q. How can you tell the puffer-fish had too much salt at dinner? A. He’s looking blow-ted.
Q. When do fish stage an intervention for a friend? A. When they’ve hit rockfish bottom.
Q. Who is the most famous fish spy? A. James Pond.
Q. What did the waiter say when the man complained his fish tasted funny? A. Sir, did you or did you not order the clownfish?
Q. What did the fish husband say to the fish wife when she asked him how she looked. A. You look fin honey, now stop fishing for compliments
Q. Where do fish sleep? A. In the riverbed.
Q. What’s it called when a fish can’t carry a tune? A. They’re tuna-deaf.
Q. What did the introverted snail wish for more than anything? A:That he could one day come out of his shell.
Q. How can you tell the blowfish has been working out? A. He looks extremely puff.
Q. Which fish has the worst haircut? A. The mullet.
Q. What do you say when a salmon asks you for a light? A: I didn’t know you smoked, salmon.
Q. How many fish does it take to screw in a light bulb? They don’t. They call an electric eel.
Q. When you need a handyman, which fish do you call? The mantis shrimp because he has his own hammer.
Q. What’s the one fish that 40 percent of all Americans are afraid of? A. Clown fish
Q. Who is a fish’s favorite celebrity? A: Ryan Seacrest
Q. What is a fish’s least favorite activity? A: Surfing the net
Q. What country can every fish trace their roots back to? A. Finland.
Q. Why did the fisherman have to quit his job? A: His net income wasn’t enough.
Q. Why should you nevere fall in love with a blowfish? A: You’ll always get re-puffed.
We hope you loved this curated list of fish puns and funny fish jokes. We think they’re great for a good laugh!