Are you a doting dog owner? Do you throw them birthday parties, let them sleep in your bed, and pretty much allow them to run the show around your house?
Then you’re in the right place.
August 26th is International Dog Day. In honor of this momentous occasion that celebrates our favorite loyal creatures, we are sharing 101 of our favorite bark puns.
This is for you, you dog lover, you.
Here’s a list of the best dog puns of all time that use “bark”. These definitely deserve a big round of ap-paws! And you may even find some creative dog names for your furry friend.
- What is a dog’s favorite superhero movie?
The Bark Night Rises
(Original: The Dark Knight Rises)
2. What is a dog’s favorite cartoon?
(Original: South Park)
3. What is a dog’s favorite historical figure?
Joan of Bark
(Original: Joan of Arc)
4. What is a dog’s favorite band?
(Original: Linkin Park)
5. What is a dog’s favorite Pink Floyd album?
Bark Side of the Moon
(Original: Dark Side of the Moon)
6. What is a dog’s favorite 90’s movie?
(Original: Jurassic Park)
7. What do dogs like to study in school?
8. What is a dog’s favorite spot in New York City?
(Original: Central Park. You can substitute any city and park you like!)
9. What’s a dog’s favorite kind of dog picnic?
10. What is a dog’s favorite show?
(Original: Breaking Bad)
11. What is a dog’s favorite song during the holiday season?
Bark! The Herald Angels Sing!
(Original: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!)
12. What is a dog’s favorite stadium?
Original (Fenway Park)
13. What is a dog’s favorite action movie??
Raiders of the Lost Bark
(Original: Raiders of the Lost Arc)
14. Where is a dog’s favorite place to shop?
(Original: Park Avenue)
15. What is a dog’s favorite bible story?
(Original: Noah’s Arc)
16. What did Darth Vader say to the dog?
“Come to the bark side.”
(Original: Come to the dark side.)
17. Why did the dog cross the road?
To get to the barking lot.
(Original: parking lot)
18. Where do royal dogs live?
(Original: Buckingham Palace)
19. Who did your dog vote for for president?
(original: Barack Obama)
20. Which Griswold do dog’s like best in “Christmas Vacation”?
(original: Clark Griswold)
21. What’s a dog’s favorite piece of advice?
Don’t be afraid of the bark.
(Original: Don’t be afraid of the dark.)
22. Who is a dog’s favorite actor?
(Original: Mark Ruffalo)
23. Who is a dog’s favorite author?
(Original: Mark Twain)
24. Who is a dog’s favorite philosopher?
(Original: Karl Marx)
25. Who is a dog’s favorite Walhlberg?
(Original: Mark Wahlberg)
26. Who is a dog’s favorite singer?
(Original: Barbara Sreisand)
27. Who is a dog’s favorite royal?
(Original: Meghan Markle)
28. Who is a dog’s favorite Star Wars character?
(Original: Luke Skywalker)
29. Who is a dog’s favorite Sex & the City actress?
Sarah Jessica Barker
Original: Sarah Jessica Parker
30.What does your dog do for a living?
She’s a bark-eting expert.
More Dog Jokes & Puns:
31. I’ve already fed the dog! Quit hounding me!
32. That puppy never stands up for himself. He just rolls over.
33. What kind of dog is Dracula’s best friend? A bloodhound!
34. It’s raining cats and dogs. That’s fine, as long as it doesn’t reindeer.
35. What kind of dog do they have at the TMZ office? A puparazzi.
36. Who is a dog’s favorite storybook character? The big bad woof.
37. What’s more amazing than a talking dog? A spelling bee.
38. Where do dogs go after their tails fall off? The re-tail store.
39. My dog had to go to the vet today. He was one sick puppy.
40. What does a dog eat during a movie? Pup-corn
41. I worked all day with no break. It was a mastiff waste of time.
42. When is it really nice to have a dog to come home to? After a ruff day.
43. You won’t find what you need here. You’re barking up the wrong tree
44. Did you hear about the dog who retrieved a ball thrown from over a mile away? That sounds far-fetched.
45. Your dog isn’t fat. It’s just a little husky.
46. Which dogs are the best at science? Labs.
47. This is a special day! I’m in pawsession of a new dog.
48. Why was the dog sad? It had a ruff week.
49. What is a dog’s favorite latte in the fall? A pugkin latte
50. Have you seen the new dog movie? It’s called King Arfur.
51. What did the dog say when he was shocked? Fur’real?
52. What do you get if you cross a gold dog with a telephone? A golden receiver!
53. What do dogs like to eat on a hot day? A pupsicle.
54. What do you call a dog magician? A labracadabrador.
55. What did the skeleton say to the puppy? Bone appetit.
56. I need to see a dentist. One of my canines is getting loose.
57. What kind of construction are dogs best at? Roofing.
58. What did the hungry Dalmatian say after he ate? “That hit the spot!”
59. Ever hear the one about the poodle on the submarine? He was the resident subwoofer and good at the doggie paddle.
60. I’m not sure what’s wrong with my dog. I’m hoping the vet will shed some light on the problem.
61. What is a dog’s favorite rap line? I like big mutts and a I cannot lie.
62. What are a dog’s favorite kind of story? Tall tails.
63. What does the bet give you at the end of the visit? Lab reports
64.The coach always wants to put my dog in the baseball game… Because he always gets walked.
65. What did the polite dog say when they’re leaving someone’s home? Thanks fur everything.
66. What does a dog say at Christmas time? Happy Howlidays
67. What does a dog say at Halloween time? Happy Howl-o-ween
68. What does a Spanish-speaking dog say at Christmas time? Feliz Navi-dog
69. How do you know your dog is well-liked? He’s the most pup-ular dog at the park.
70. What is a dog’s favorite kind of pizza? Pup-eroni pizza
71. What is a dog’s favorite classic rock song? Don’t stop retrieving
72. What is a dog’s favorite song to sing around Christmas time? Dachshund through the snow.
73. Why is your dog sad? He’s been going through a rough pooch lately.
74. People who hate dogs are re-pug-nant.
75. I puggin love you.
76. My dog is the best dog, I shih tzu not.
77. The dog was so sad, he was a mellon Collie.
78. It’s been a year since I adopted this dog. Happy Anni-fur-sary
79. I’m sorry I chewed up your shoes. Please fur-give me
80. Taking my dog on a walk every day is the leash I can do.
81. My dog is turning one! Where’s the paw-ty at?
82. Please be paw-lite at the doggie birthday party.
83. I’m giving a toast at my dog’s birthday. Live long and paws-per!
84. Who is a dog’s favorite rapper? 50 Scent.
85. Who is a dog’s favorite director? Clint Eastwoof
86. Who is a dog’s favorite basketball player? Snarls Barkley
87. Who is a dog’s favorite children’s book author? JK Howling
88. What is great life advice for a dog? Remain pawsitive.
89. What does a dog like to eat for breakfast? Woofles.
90.I almost kicked my dog out, but we renegotiated the terms of his leash.
91. Stop and pawnder the meaning of life.
92. What do you call a dog in a sauna? A hot dog.
93. We’re having labrad-oodles of fun!
94. My dog is totally paw-some.
95. My dog is my fur-st mate.
96. What is a dog’s favorite car? A fur-rari.
97. I’ve never pet a dog I didn’t like.
98. Today and every day, I chews you!
99. Let’s raise the woof.
100. Nobody wants to be the mutt of the joke.
101. We apologize. These puns are truly paw-ful.
We hope you loved this thoughtfully curated list of great dog puns. We had so much fun creating it in honor of International Dog Day, and we wish your and your pet a wonderful year!