The brand new Northwestern Mutual Community Park will officially open at Henry Maier Festival Park on Saturday, June 19.
This entirely redeveloped entertainment space for families offers inclusive and accessible play for children ages 2 – 12 years of age, including those who may experience a variety of challenges.
The new Northwestern Mutual Community Park is open to the public beginning Saturday, June 19 at 10:00 a.m. For summer 2021, the Park will be open Saturdays and Sundays 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and weekdays Noon – 4:00 p.m. from June 19 – Aug 5 with the exception of Saturday, July 24. Dates are subject to change.
Located adjacent to the Henry W. Maier Festival Grounds is access to Lakeshore state park trails, a small beach, and accessible paved trails that link to Milwaukee’s other lakefront parks and the Hank Aaron State Trail.
Northwestern Mutual Community Park Amenities:
- Enhanced Play Equipment – all new age-appropriate playground equipment on soft surface, including interactive musical play pieces. Equipment design also includes ramps allowing for wheelchair access. Shaded seating is also available within the playground area.
- Toddler Play Area – “Giggle Grounds”- covered play area for toddlers ages 6 months-2 years, including shade, and age-appropriate activities and play equipment.
- Flexible stage – new, permanent stage structure with accessible seating, and a viewing area for over 500 patrons.
- Permanent Family Restrooms – accessible restrooms equipped with changing tables for babies, children, and adults requiring an assistant.
- Nursing Mothers Stations – mothers seeking a quiet space to nurse will have dedicated space.
- Sensory Rooms – (opening mid-July) three individual and wheelchair accessible, air-conditioned quiet rooms, creating a calm environment for children that may be overstimulated by the noise, environment, or experience.
Dates: June 21 – Aug. 1, 2021 Closed Saturday, July 24 *depending on events and subject to change
Days Open: Monday – Friday, Noon – 4:00 p.m. Saturday – Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. *days/times vary depending on events and subject to change
Access: Mid Gate of Henry Maier Festival Park North or South Lakewalk path entrance
To plan your visit, head to milwaukeeworldfestival.com.