Some area schools have already started to close, and more may be on the way. To prepare for more time at home with your kids, you may want to stock up on these tried and true craft supplies.
1. Construction Paper
4. Colored Pencils
9. Butcher paper (lasts forever)
1. Ribbon, yarn, and strings - Good for embellishing whatever project you're working on.
2. Pipe cleaners - For paper flowers and creating miniature animals, bugs, etc.
3. Craft Sticks - There are countless projects that use craft sticks as it's main supply.
4. Tissue paper - For collages & paper flowers.
5. Googly Eyes - Is there anything that is not made MORE fun with a pair of googly eyes?
6. Paper Plates - Similar to craft sticks, these will carry you through dozens of random projects.
7. Pom-poms - Brings the color and fun to basic projects.
8. Sequins - A great alternative to glitter, which is a parent's truest enemy.
For science experiments:
1. Baking Soda & Vinegar - For DIY volcanoes and fizzy fun.
2, Dish Soap & Corn Syrup - For homemade bubbles.
3. Food coloring - It seems to make every DIY science project more fun.
For outdoor fun:
1. Sidewalk Chalk
2. Bubbles (You can even make them on your own with water, dish soap, and corn syrup.)
1. Zip lock bags
2. Recyclables like egg cartons, milk caps, cardboard, paper bags, etc.
What else should we include? Email email@example.com.