Did you know that household hazardous waste products – like cleaning products, nail polish, and paint – do not belong in your trash bins? We can all do our part to keep our environment and waterways clean by properly disposing of hazardous materials.
Items You Can Bring
Here are 10 common household items you simply cannot put into the trash. Bring them to MMSD’s Home HazMat Collection.
3. Nail Polish
4. Nail Polish Remover
5. Floor Care Products
6. Oven Cleaner
7. Solvent-based cleaners
8. Fertilizer With Pesticides
9. Bug Spray
For the full list of what you can and cannot bring to the Home HazMaz Collection, click here.
Year Round Drop-Off Sites:
Closed: 4/10, 7/4, 11/26 & 27, 12/24 & 25, 1/1/21
Closed: 5/23, 5/25, 7/4, 9/5, 9/7, 11/28, 12/26, 1/2/2021
Mobile Drop Off Site:
Sept. 12 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Do your part to keep Milwaukee’s waterways clean!
NEW Rules for Dropping Off:
- You must stay in your vehicle at all times
- Put all items in your trunk or as close to the hatchback as possible. For social distancing purposes, we will NOT accept or unload any items in back seats that are directly behind the driver’s seat.
- We will NOT return cardboard boxes used to transport items to the collection.
- We WILL return gas cans used for transporting old gas or gas/oil mixtures. However, the cans will be sprayed with a disinfectant before we hand them back to you.
Thank you for doing your part! Find out more about MMSD’s Household Hazardous Waste Program here.