Are you ready to make some unique memories with your kids in 2019? We compiled a list of 50 must-dos for the upcoming year.
1. Ice skate at Slice of Ice in Red Arrow Park, and warm up with hot cocoa afterwards.
2. Build a snowman at Urban Ecology Center's Winterfest. (It's free!)
3. Hit up alllll the free days at local attractions.
4. Visit the Milwaukee Winter Farmer's Market at the Domes, every Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Free admission & free parking!)
5. See First Stage's Matilda. (January 11 - February 24th)
6. Find all three hidden buttons in the Milwaukee Public Museum.
Can you find all three buttons hidden at the Milwaukee Public Museum?
Follow us on social media and watch out for hints on where to find them!
7. Hear the Festival City Symphony at a Pajama Jamboree at the Marcus Center. (Free!)
8. Slide down the 350 foot illuminated Tobaggan Run in Lowell Park in Waukesha (There must be six inches of snow).
Goldfish Swim School in Brookfield offers family swims in a shiver-free pool.
10. Enjoy the view of Lake Michigan while eating an ice cream cone at North Point Custard.
11. Check out the new Virtual Reality exhibit at Discovery World.
12. Fly a kite at a Gift of Wings Kite Festival in Veteran's Park. (They're free!)
13. Explore the sculptures at Lynden Sculpture Garden's Winter Carnival.
The Lynden Sculpture Garden offers a unique experience in art & nature.
14. See the Milwaukee Fire Department's first ambulance (a Cadillac) at the Milwaukee Fire Museum. It's free on the first Sunday of the month, April through December.
15. Try a free soccer class with Lil Kickers at InBounds Training Center.
16. Borrow some binoculars and snowshoes for a hike at Havenwoods State Forest.
17. Ride a bicycle from the 1890's at Old World Wisconsin's Catch Wheel Fever exhibit.
18. Watch an ice carving competition at the Winter Festival in Cedarburg. (Free admission!)
19. Try the ninja course at the new SkyZone in Greenfield.
20. When school's out for a day, do a School Day Off Danceworks Workshop.
21. Take a selfie with the Bronze Fonz on the Riverwalk.
22. Ride the trolley from one fun winter activity to another at the Waukesha Janboree, happening January 25 - 27, 2019.
24. Slide down Bernie's Slide before a Brewer's Game.
25. Build legos at Tosa Block Party in Wauwatosa.
26. Read a book in the Secret Garden at Tippecanoe Library.
27. Complete the Junior Spy Scavenger Hunt at the Safehouse.
The Safehouse offers a unique Junior Spy experience for kids.
28. Visit the 3-2-1 Alphabet Square indoor play space at the Waukesha Public Library.
29. Attend a martial arts tournament at JK Lee Black Belt Academy. Danceworks
30. See a $5 movie at Marcus Theatres on any Tuesday.
31. Stargaze on the rooftop of the UWM Planetarium while sipping hot cocoa. (It's free!)
32. Take a Mommy & Me Cooking Class at Superior Culinary Center.
33. Tour the 1880's Stone Creek Coffee Factory. The tours are free and take place every Sunday at noon (excluding holidays).
34. Tumble around during an open gym at Infinite Gymnastics.
35. Enjoy a free Fox & Branch folk concert at Anodyne Coffee in Walkers Point, usually held the last Sunday of the month.
36. Meet the new baby giraffe, Kazi, at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
37. Climb the lighthouse in the Betty Brinn Children's Room at Milwaukee Central Library.
38. Check out the Quad at Elite Sports Clubs. It's usually just for members, but occasionally they open it up to the public for special events. Be on the lookout for a special event just for MiltownMoms.com readers in April!
The Quad at Elite's River Glen location is usually open only to members, but watch out for special events for non-members!
39. Watch the airplanes take off and land at Mitchell Airport Observation Area. (It's free!)
40. Tour the Jelly Belly Warehouse Factory on a choo choo train. (It's free, and includes jelly beans!)
41. Ride the Bunny Train at the East Troy Electric Railroad.
42. Play laser tag in the 360 degree arena at Bounce Milwaukee.
43. Have a milk & cookie date, held every Monday at Little Sprouts Play Cafe in Shorewood.
Little Sprouts Play Cafe in Shorewood offers milk and cookie dates every Monday morning.
44. Listen to live music at the Wilson Center's Starry Nights concerts all throughout the summer, held in Brookfield's beautiful Mitchell Park. (They're free!)
45. Have a picnic at Hawthorn Glen, explore over 23 acres of woodland and prairie, then visit their hands-on nature center.
46. See a Bucks game at the new Fiserv Forum.
47. Go apple picking at Peck & Bushel, an organic apple farm.
48. See Milwaukee from afar from the Holy Hill ScenicTower. (Open May 1st - October 31st, weather permitting. It's free!)
Holy Hill's Scenic Tower is open May - October.
49. Learn all about maple sugaring at Maple Syrup Family Day in Richfield on March 23rd 2019. (It's free!)
50. Ride in a hot air balloon (tethered to the ground) at the Waterford Balloonfest in July.
What's on your bucket list? Email email@example.com to let us know about new fun ideas for families around town!