Every year since their opening, we have partnered with Peck & Bushel Organic Fruit Company because it offers our favorite apple picking experience by far in southeastern Wisconsin.
If you've never visited their picturesque country setting, here are seven things you should definitely know:
1. It's a scenic 30 minute drive from Milwaukee to their property in Colgate.
2. They now have over 30,000 apple trees, making them Wisconsin’s largest organic apple orchard.
3. The grounds include a brand new barn which houses the Peck & Bushel Baking Company, pre-picked apples, and more.
4. You can explore the pond, nature trail, and vineyard-style orchards throughout your visit. There are some good photo opportunities on the footbridge and wooden swing along the nature trail.
5. They are offering over 25 new organic apple varieties for the 2018 apple season, including two Wisconsin Honeycrisp varieties - Organic Riverbelle and Organic Pazazz. They are sweet, tart, crunchy, and juicy.
6. Every weekend, they'll have homemade apple cider doughnuts, slab apple pie and P&B Apple Crisp, and fresh pressed organic apple cider. Enjoy your treats on their peaceful outdoor barn-side patio.
7. New this year! They are offering organic raspberries that they grow in a high tunnel/greenhouse on the property.
Peck & Bushel is open on weekends 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for the season starting Saturday, August 18th, 2018 through mid-October, or until the apples are sold out.