Find nature camps around Milwaukee! (Want to add your camp? Contact us here.)
Urban Ecology Center Summer Camps
- Explore the secrets of nature by looking under logs, hiking in the woods, climbing trees, building forts, creating art projects, letter-boxing, taking pictures and much more.
- Experience the fun of an overnight adventure!
- Enjoy healthy outdoor fun with kids from all over the city.
- Build science and engineering skills to be better prepared for the school year.
- Plant a garden and watch it grow throughout the summer!
- Wade in or paddle along waterways, fish and enjoy the beaches of Lake Michigan.
- Foster a deep connection to nature through fun, hands-on adventures!
The UEC has an energetic, professional environmental education staff who teach students throughout the school year. These educators are ready to engage your kids in topics and activities that will encourage curiosity and discovery, developing skills for school and life.
Riveredge Nature Journeys
4458 County Rd Y, Saukville, WI 53080
At Riveredge Nature Journeys summer camps, we’re not afraid to let kids get a little dirty. In fact, we encourage it! Our week-long environmental summer day camps are for kids as young as 3 to high school seniors. At summer camp, Riveredge Kids experience the best of life outside: river walking, fort building, and bug finding, not to mention swimming, tubing, and tree climbing (with harnesses!).This is hands-on environmental exploration: campers ask questions about the natural world, uncover evidence at their fingertips, and draw conclusions based on personal experience. And we have a blast doing it!
Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
1111 E Brown Deer Rd, Bayside, WI 53217
Schlitz Audubon Nature Center’s leading experiential, environmental education connects children with the natural world. We provide memorable nature experiences for children of all ages, from preschool summer camps to camps for high schoolers. Conveniently located just north of the city on Lake Michigan, we offer the complete Wisconsin nature experience.
At our summer camps, your child will play, explore, and make discoveries on 185 acres of forests, prairies, ponds, wetlands, and beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline. We also feature camps that invite campers to interact with the live amphibians, reptiles, and raptors that are in our care. Registration for Summer 2018 has begun!
Lynden Sculpture Garden
2145 W. Brown Deer Rd. Milwaukee, WI 53217
Lynden’s day camps integrate our collection of monumental sculpture with the natural ecology of hidden landscapes and unique habitats. Led by artists, naturalists, and educators, the camps explore the intersection of art and nature through collaborative inquiry and hands-on artmaking, using Lynden’s 40 acres to create an all-senses-engaged outdoor experience.