Though our Wisconsin winters seem like forever, Spring officially starts on March 20th. That leaves five weeks to soak up all the wintry fun Milwaukee has to offer families.
We've picked one must-do event for each of the weekends left in Winter 2015 (and most of them are free!).
1. February 20-21, 2015: Enjoy free admission to the Milwaukee Art Museum all weekend long, thanks to the Greater Milwaukee Foundation!
While the main galleries of the museum are undergoing renovations, a variety of special activities will take place throughout the Quadracci Pavilion and adjacent spaces. Check out the do-it-yourself fashion activities and crafts, and other special programming for kids. Plus, all guests receive a voucher to return to the museum for half-price in 2016, following the reinstallation of the collection galleries
2. February 28-March 1, 2015: Last chance to see "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" (Ages 3 and up)
Milwaukee is home to an incredibly vibrant world of children's live theater. Head to the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center for your last chance to see "Goldilocks and the Three Bears."
On a trip through the forest, Goldilocks ventures into a seemingly uninhabited house. She makes herself at home, trying all the comforts of home to find what is just right. Little does she know the house belongs to a family of three bears, who are not too pleased to find their unexpected guest. Join us on an exciting musical journey thought this well-loved fairy tale! For everyone ages 3 and up.
3. March 6-8, 2015: Last Family Free Day at the Zoo until October
Saturday, March 7th is the last Family Free Day at the Milwaukee County Zoo until October. Visit the Zoo for free! There are many indoor animal exhibits to enjoy, or you can venture out in the cold for outdoor exhibits. Admission is free, but regular parking, rental and concession rates still apply.
4. March 13-15, 2015: Free Family Art Workshop
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield offers a free family art workshop. Each month will feature a different instructor and a different hands-on art project that the whole family can create together. All ages and skill levels are welcome!
5. March 20-21, 2015: Welcome Spring with a free family maple-sugaring adventure with the Neighborhood House! Drill, tap, and collect sap from maple trees and learn how maple syrup is made the old fashioned way. Transportation from Neighborhood House to their Nature Center in Dodge County is included.
Want more awesome ideas? Don't miss our Top Ten 2015 Winter Must-Do's.