For the seventh year, Discovery World and Time Warner are teaming up to provide Milwaukee area youth with fun and exciting hands-on learning opportunities.
And, yes, admission is free!
On Saturday, November 7th, Discovery World will host STEMfest, a celebration of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math sponsored by Time Warner Cable and their Connect a Million Minds initiative.
“Science should be fun,” said Joel Brennan, President and CEO of Discovery World, “and kids are endlessly curious about how the world works. We hope to harness that energy and inspire young people to explore careers in automation, chemistry, engineering, and other areas of science and technology. We also want young people to learn more about STEM careers that may be available to them here at home.”
Check out some of the fun activities you and your family can enjoy:
- Turn Solar Beads into a bracelet or zipper pull with the Milwaukee School of Engineering.
- Discover careers in engineering & automation with Rockwell Automation.
- Learn how to build underwater robots with the wonderful folks at SeaPerch.
- Meet some of the incredible chemists working at PPG industries.
- Investigate the natural world with representatives of Lakeshore State Park.
- Print your own pencil case labels with Brady Corporation’s Women’s Leadership Alliance.
- Explore Discovery World for FREE.
Other organizations that will be here for STEMfest include IOU Sports, Wisconsin Destination Imagination, and Bricks 4 Kidz.
“Because we receive no public financial support, we have very limited opportunities to offer free admission to the community,” said Brennan. “Time Warner enables us to offer free admission for one day every year, and they have worked with us to create an event that provides unique and fun learning opportunities for every visitor. We believe that sparks are generated that lead young people to envision themselves in future STEM careers in our community.”
Dozens of Time Warner Cable employees also volunteer their time every year to help make STEMfest run smoothly.
The doors open at 10am.
Find out more at Discovery World’s website.