Go to Weekend Guide >>
- This event has passed.
This entirely redeveloped entertainment space for families offers inclusive and accessible play for children ages 2 – 12 years of age, including those who may experience a variety of challenges.
Northwestern Mutual Community Park amenities:
- Enhanced Play Equipment: age-appropriate playground equipment on soft surface, including interactive musical play pieces. Equipment design also includes ramps allowing for wheelchair access. Shaded seating is also available within the playground area.
- Toddler Play Area: “Giggle Grounds”- covered play area for toddlers ages 6 months-2 years, including shade, and age-appropriate activities and play equipment.
- Flexible Programming Space: permanent stage structure with accessible seating, and a viewing area for over 500 patrons.
- Permanent Family Restrooms – accessible restrooms equipped with changing tables for babies, children, and adults requiring an assistant.
- Nursing Mothers Stations – mothers seeking a quiet space to nurse will have dedicated space.
- Sensory Rooms – three individual and wheelchair accessible, air-conditioned quiet rooms, creating a calm environment for children that may be overstimulated by the noise, environment, or experience.
The Northwestern Mutual Community Park will re-open for the season starting April 23, 2022. The Park will be open to the public daily from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. It will also be open to attendees of special events including Summerfest, ethnic and cultural festivals, and more. Dates are subject to change.
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. continues to fulfill its nonprofit mission, established in 1965, of bringing the community together and providing a showcase for performing arts, activities and recreation to the public, through music and special events.
The Sunday Family Fun Days will take place June 19, July 17, August 7, September 18 and October 9, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Northwestern Mutual Community Park. The events are free and will feature a full day of family-friendly programming on the Northwestern Mutual Community Park stage, featuring local arts and community groups including Danceworks, First Stage, and Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra, among others. Other activities include balloon artists, face painters, exhibitors, food trucks and more. Free parking will also be offered during Sunday Family Fun Days in designated lots.
A book donation box will also be installed at the Northwestern Mutual Community Park this year. Attendees are encouraged to bring a new or gently used children’s book and place it in the box throughout the operating season. All books collected will be donated to Next Door Foundation Books For Kids program.
For more information on Sunday Family Fun Days and operating days and hours outside of Summerfest – please visit MilwaukeeWorldFestival.com
To submit an event for consideration, click here.